Are you thinking of getting a comfortable and stylish pair of shoes to wear for a good night out or a casual day in?
Are you looking for orthopaedic footwear and sandals that will look good, fit well and last a long time?
If so, then Korkers zero-drop orthopaedic footwear could be your ideal choice.
- Korkers sandals come in a variety of styles, from classic Birkenstock-style to more modern designs
- Perfect when you need a sandal for a casual day out or a comfortable orthopaedic shoe for work
- Look stylish while avoiding foot pain by cushioning and supporting the entire foot
- Designed to keep the feet dry and cool, while the lightweight and sturdy construction ensures that your feet stay secure in the foot-bed
- Made from quality materials that can last for many, many years
From superior quality materials to enhanced comfort, Korkers are sure to take your foot health to a whole new level!
Yes, Korkers are zero-drop footwear!
What does ‘zero-drop’ mean?
Korkers are zero-drop.
Zero-drop footwear, also known as minimalist shoes, is footwear that is designed to be as close to barefoot as possible while still providing some protection for the feet. Zero-drop refers to the angle between your heel and your toes. Traditional footwear elevates the heel an average of 14-24mm (0.5″-1.0″), which throws off the alignment of the spine and forces an unnatural heel strike.
In a zero-drop shoe, your heel and toes are level, which mimics your natural barefoot position on a flat surface.
What are the advantages of wearing zero-drop footwear?
• Better balance and proprioception: With zero-drop footwear, your feet are closer to the ground, which can improve your balance and your ability to sense your body’s position and movement (proprioception). This can be beneficial for athletes and people who engage in activities that require balance and coordination, such as yoga or dance.
• Improved foot and ankle strength: Wearing zero-drop footwear can strengthen the muscles and ligaments in your feet and ankles